postfix problem

Adri Koppes adrik at SALESMANAGER.NL
Mon Jul 25 14:53:41 IST 2005

> On Mon, July 25, 2005 14:31, Adri Koppes wrote:
> >>
> >> It *might* make an annoying guest appearance again, to solve the
> >> problem permanently add the following to:
> >>
> >> spam.assassin.prefs.conf
> >> =======================> razor_config /etc/razor/razor-agent.conf
> >>
> >> /etc/razor/razor-agent.conf
> >> ===========================> razorhome = /etc/razor
> >>
> >> - dhawal
> >
> > Dhawal,
> >
> > I strong object and vote AGAINST making this change to the standard
> > spam.assassin.prefs.conf.
> > This change will break at ANY system, where razor does not
> have it's
> > standard configuration files in /etc/razor, like FreeBSD or Solaris.
> > Probably more systems are affected as well.
> >
> > Adri.
>
> Adri
>
> I don't think that's what Dhawal meant. Individuals should
> change their spam.assasin.prefs.conf to match the above (If
> the paths are applicable).
> I don't think he was suggesting the default file should be
> changed. There are not enough of us Postfix & MailScanner
> users out there for world domination (Yet!).
>
> Drew

Drew,

For individual users, this will solve their problem.
Perhaps this should be added to the FAQ or Wiki, but certainly not as a
standard.
The change can be made either in spam.assassin.prefs.conf or in the
spamassassin local.cf, depending on whether you like it to apply only
when MailScanner uses SpamAssassin or systemwide for all use of
SpamAssassin.

Adri.