PostFix/Pipe problem

Tom Carroll cgbmtom at SPAMCOP.NET
Sun Jul 24 19:03:42 IST 2005

On Sunday, July 24, 2005 4:02 AM Drew Marshall wrote:

> > # service type  private unpriv  chroot  wakeup  maxproc command + args
> > #               (yes)   (yes)   (yes)   (never) (100)
> > #

> > #smtp    inet    n       -       n       -       -       smtpd -o
> > content_filter=ccfilter:
>
> This is the problem, firstly you have turned off smtp, which is hy you
> can't get a port 25 reponse. Uncomment this line but remove the -o
> content_filter=ccfilter part i.e. your top line should read:
>
> smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
>

> The rest is fine. Change that line and reload Postfix (in fact better
> still stop and start it as that should re-queue the deferred mail
> automatically).

Okay, my smtp server is now responding, but I still have one problem.  The
mail that I moved back into the incoming queue is returned to the deferred
queue.  I also have files in the defer queue as well that are not being
delivered.

Here's another excerpt of my logs:
====================
Jul 24 07:44:40 CWServer postfix/qmgr[24932]: warning: premature
end-of-input on private/ccfilter socket while reading input attribute name
Jul 24 07:44:40 CWServer postfix/qmgr[24932]: warning: private/ccfilter
socket: malformed response
Jul 24 07:44:40 CWServer postfix/qmgr[24932]: warning: transport ccfilter
failure -- see a previous warning/fatal/panic logfile record for the problem
description
[...]

These errors are only occurring on the mail that is in the defer queue, not
any new mail.  All new mail is being processed correctly.

Here's one of the files I found in the defer queue I mentioned above.
====================
<piglet at carrollweb.net>: delivery temporarily suspended: unknown mail
transport error
recipient=piglet at carrollweb.net
offset=337
status=4.0.0
action=delayed
reason=delivery temporarily suspended: unknown mail transport error
====================

I have done a grep of nearly every file on my system and I cannot find any
other config file that has the ccfilter string in it except the master.cf,
and it is commented out.  I had a moment of clarity and decided to grep the
deferred queue, and low-and-behold, each message in the deferred queue has a
ccfilter entry in it.  Any idea why?  Can I manually edit each message and
delete that string so it can be delivered to its destination?

At least the system is working now and any new mail coming into the system
is now being processed accordingly whether it is inbound or outbound, so I
thank you for that! :)

I really do appreciate you taking time to help me.

Tom