How to add X-Spam-Status?

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at NETMAGICSOLUTIONS.COM
Sat Jul 23 18:01:14 IST 2005

>> Alex Neuman van der Hans wrote:
>>
>>> I'm just asking if anybody knows what the "magic header" would be for
>>> Mozilla/TB/O2K3 to tell a default configuration that a message is in
>>> fact spam without resorting to changing the headers.

Here's how you could possibly add a magic-header to thunderbird:

1. Download this:
http://downloads.mozdev.org/bayesjunktool/bayesjunktool-0.2.1.jar

2. Locate your thunderbird custom training data file using this:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder
OR start with a new file.

3. Run the jar file and open the training.dat file, manually add the
tokens / header (say X-Spam-Status=spam and X-Spam-Status=ham for bad
and good tokens respectively) that you want to be detected as Junk /
Not-Junk.

4. Test it out pretty well

5. Use some distribution system at your facility to use this as the
starter training data for all thunderbird users.

6. Ask management for a raise.. and send me and Julian some of it.

Let us know how it works out anyways.

- dhawal