Spamassasin seems not to work.

Kai Schaetzl maillists at CONACTIVE.COM
Fri Jul 22 14:42:54 IST 2005

Lance Haig wrote on         Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:45:50 +0100:

> My initial statement was not clear I admit. I do not see any mention in
> my log of email being scanned and sent through Spamassassin. It just
> shows that the mail was scanned bu the Virus tools.

There should be something like this when spam is found:
Jul 22 13:53:55 n8 MailScanner[30280]: New Batch: Scanning 1 messages,
5265 bytes
Jul 22 13:53:59 n8 MailScanner[30280]: Spam Checks: Found 1 spam messages
Jul 22 13:53:59 n8 MailScanner[30280]: Virus and Content Scanning:
Starting

The "Spam Checks" line will be missing when it's ham.

> I have recieved some spam to my mailbox and on looking at ther header I
> noticed that there was no line for spamassassin. This would normaly be
> there.

Only if it got detected as spam. Have you double-checked in the
MailScanner.conf that Mailscanner should "Use Spamassassin" and do Sapm
Tests? Sorry, I don't have the exact option names memorize, but if you
walk thru the file it should be clear which ones I mean.

Apart from that I strongly suggest installing Mailwatch (mailwatch.sf.net)
this will make monitoring your Mailscanner installation *much* more
easier.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany