Do I need start spamassasin with mailscanner?

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at NETMAGICSOLUTIONS.COM
Wed Jul 20 13:48:14 IST 2005

    [ The following text is in the "KOI8-R" character set. ]

Smirnov, Sergey wrote:
> 	Hi
> I read that mailscanner have internal interface to spamassassin.
> Do I need start spamassasin(spamd) with mailscanner?
> Thanks

This is a classic MAQ.. read this
http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=maq:index#spam-fighting_tools

How do I get spamc/spamd to.....?
Stop right there. MailScanner does not use spamd, spamc, or the
spamassassin script directly. It calls the installed perl modules
directly. Any spamassassin-related configuration is done in
/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf, and only certain options are
recognized.

- dhawal