Attachments renamed application1

Wayne wayne at NIGHTSOL.NET
Tue Jul 19 18:58:50 IST 2005

Hi Guys,

I posted about this a while back and I guess I didn't properly follow up.

I have a quickmail server that has its mail scanned with mailscanner before
it reaches in the quickmail server.
All clients use quickmail clients. Now some mails are sent through fine and
others are not.

If I take the scanning system from the equation it all works fine.
Also in the past there was a different scanning server that didn't have this
problem.

But basically attachments come through renamed to application or
application1. Now I know that mailscanner doesn't rename things as was
pointed out to me before but maybe the encoding is getting messed up or
something, im kinda stumped.

I have attached a queue file from postfix of a mail that I blacklisted to
catch on the server itself.
I have removed any important info like emails and ip addresses but you
should get the basics from it for anybody who might have an idea also there
Is a word wrap in effect to make it more readable before I saved it.

I know that its something that quickmail is doing wrong. I just need to able
to go back and explain what exactly it is..

Thanks,
 Wayne