Phishing is not working

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Mon Jul 18 18:15:17 IST 2005

Add ClamAV to your mix.  It catches a LOT of phishing.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
Of Kai Wang
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2005 11:50 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Phishing is not working

Hi,

We are running MailScanner 4.43.8-1 and I turned the phishing feature on. My
phishing.safe.sites.conf file is the default.  we receive tens of thousands
messages daily and we've been running this version for a few days. We have
not seen any message caught by the feature. I received a phishing message
myself. I tried to attach it to the message such that I can explain my
situation better. However, Julian's JISCmail mailer does not like it.
Apparently, MailScanner is able to identify the phishing thing. I wonder if
there is anything wrong in my configuration?

Find Phishing Fraud = yes
Also Find Numeric Phishing = yes
Phishing Safe Sites File = %etc-dir%/phishing.safe.sites.conf

Thanks
Kai Wang
University of Calgary

Before posting, read the Wiki (http://wiki.mailscanner.info/) and the