mail is not send after upgrading postfix + mailscanner

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 17:18:12 IST 2005

On 7/14/05, Peter Russell <pete at enitech.com.au> wrote:
> No idea what the fix is, but upgrading both of these at the same is
> always going to be risky. I would suggest upgrading one, dealing with
> any of the issues and then a day or more later upgrading the
> other....its different with stuff like DCC etc because you can turn it off.
>

> Meshbah Uddin Ahmed wrote:
> > Hi,
> > i m using postfix + mailscanner + clamav. after
> > upgrading postfix and mailscanner mails are not sent.
> > when i want to try send mail it is deferred 1st, chkin
> > and then requeued. after requeued it was not send.
> >
> > here is my postfix and mailscanner version info-
> >
> > # apt-show-versions -p postfix
> > postfix/testing uptodate 2.2.3-3
> > # apt-show-versions -p mailscanner
> > mailscanner/testing uptodate 4.41.3-2
> >
> > after requeued, in mail.log there is-
> >
> > MailScanner[17756]: Requeue: C03F8D6BC3.6F395 to
> > 3ACF67F404
> >

> > what can i do now to fix it, pls advice.
> >
> > thanks
> > meshbah
Nor do I *know* the solution, but.... obviously your postfix is
HOLDing the messages and MailScanner is scanning them just fine, so
the problem is probably to do with postfix and how MS is reinjecting
the queue file.... Perhaps something to do with how PF 2.2 and MS
handles depth of the incoming queue? Have a look at
http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:configuration:mta:postfix:installation#error_messages
the paragraph titled "Mail not being delivered or stuck in
/var/spool/postfix/incoming".

--
-- Glenn