I am looking for the ham and spam files

Billy A. Pumphrey bpumphrey at WOODMACLAW.COM
Fri Jul 15 14:14:55 IST 2005

> Billy A. Pumphrey wrote:
> >> Subject: Re: I am looking for the ham and spam files
> <snip>
> >
> > Which one is spam and which one is ham?  Bayes_seen or bayes_toks?
> >

> Actually neither...
>
> > So it would be:
> > Sa-learn --showdots --mbox --spam bayes_toks(or)bayes_seen	?
> >

> Not quite, sa-learn expects e-mails to learn *from*
>
> Since you're specifying --mbox format it would be:
>
> sa-learn --showdots --mbox --spam {path to a mailbox full of spams in
mbox
> format}
>
> or
>
> sa-learn --showdots --mbox --ham {path to a mailbox full of hams in
mbox
> format}
>
> In my case I created a spam user and mailbox to fetch un-caught spam
from
> my
> exchange server and once I populate the spam user's mbox with these
> un-caught spams I run:
>
> sa-learn --showdots --mbox --spam /var/spool/mail/spam
>
> I noticed others have already addressed your other question about the
> starter DB (which worked very well for me BTW) and hope this clears up
> your
> sa-learn question.
>
> HTH
> Kind regards,
> Ken

Yes, got the other question answered, thank you everyone :)

You don't have to, but If you would not mind expanding on how you are
using your spam mailbox.  I have a exchange server also, and MailScanner
is in between the internet and the exchange server.  Like yours I would
suspect.  How are you taking the un-caught mail and putting it in the
spam mailbox?

Are you taking the ID of the message (by using mailwatch) and doing a cp
command and moving the message to the spam mbox?  Such as:
Cp /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20050713/j6CH7SSN017953
/home/user/mail/