OT Configuring DCC and Razor

Billy A. Pumphrey bpumphrey at WOODMACLAW.COM
Thu Jul 14 16:22:55 IST 2005

> Billy A. Pumphrey wrote:

> > need to

> >>Are you running the lint test through MailWatch?
> >>
> >>Try the command-line instead (different user).
> >>

> > Yes, this is the lint through mailwatch.
> > I ran the command: spamassassin
--prefs-file=/etc/MailScanner/spam.as
> > sassin.prefs.conf -D --lint
> >
> > Razor = Seemed to clear up the errors.  Does this mean that razor is
> > good to go?
>
> Yes
>
> > DCC = errors still there.
>
> Have you checked the permissions on /var/dcc and /var/dcc/map?

Yes.  However but it looks like the map file is suppose to be private:
-rw--------

When I do a cdcc 'info' I get:

[root at WoodenMS dir]# cdcc 'info'
# 07/14/05 10:12:51 EST  /root/dir/map
# Re-resolve names after 11:06:11
# 364.44 ms threshold, 364.44 ms average    12 total, 4 working servers
IPv6 off

dcc.rhyolite.com,-          anon
#  80.69.8.186,-
#      not answering
#  132.206.27.31,-
#      not answering
# *137.118.60.88,-                                           neonova ID
1127
#     100% of  2 requests ok  298.83 ms RTT            271 ms queue wait
#  152.20.240.35,-
#      not answering
#  153.19.44.252,-
#      not answering
#  203.147.165.193,-
#      not answering
#  204.152.184.184,-                                         servers ID
1049
#      25% of  4 requests ok 2474.21 ms RTT            105 ms queue wait
#  205.166.61.174,-                                                  ID
1074
#      50% of  2 requests ok  584.96 ms RTT            155 ms queue wait
#  208.201.249.233,-
#      not answering
#  212.69.217.26,-
#      not answering
#  216.240.97.12,-                                           dmv.com ID
1181
#      33% of  3 requests ok 1706.33 ms RTT            121 ms queue wait
#  216.244.192.216,-
#      not answering

Looks normal.  The map file that is being used is /root/dir/map.

If I do a cdcc 'homedir' I get
Homdir=/root/dir

So when I run these commands logged in as root it is using those files.
On the spamassassin lint test through mailwatch it has:
debug: DCC: got response: /var/dcc/map is not private

So mailwatch is looking for the one in /var/dcc/map, which I change the
permissions of this file to 777, and it doesn't like it.  However, still
a problem because I cannot get cdcc or DCC to make a new map file in
/var/dcc/map.

So basically I think that I need to:
Get DCC to make its homepath /var/dcc/
Make the map file used to be /var/dcc/map
Then mailwatch and dcc will be using the right ones.

Questions outside of this.
What is the user that mailwatch runs under?  Or the lint test
Should there be a goal to have everything run under the same user and
use the same files in the same directory, or to be synced?