Reject or tag email signed with @mydomain.com

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Wed Jul 13 20:06:02 IST 2005

Julian Field wrote:

> I have seen claims that the only people who have really adopted SPF so
> far are the spammers themselves.

So far both spammers and those who understand SPF have adopted it. I have, AOL
has, even jiscmail.ac.uk has adopted it.. (dig txt jiscmail.ac.uk)

Lots of nonspammers have SPF records in use.

 Those who don't understand SPF claim it's useless because they expect it to be
an anti-spam technology and realize that spammers can easily create their own
SPF records... But that whole argument is invalid as SPF isn't an anti-spam
technology per-se.

Passing SPF isn't a good indicator of nonspam. It's forgable, and we all know
it. It's failing SPF that's useful, as it will eventualy force spammers and
worms to stop forging their domains, making them easier to track.