System variables in MailScanner.conf

Yu Chen chen at HHMI.UMBC.EDU
Wed Jul 13 15:08:18 IST 2005

>> Looks like it's a FreeBSD thing as my FreeBSD boxes (5.3 & 5.4) all like
>> $HOST and 'Undefined Variable' $HOSTNAME

Actually, just took a look at 'man bash', it says "HOSTNAME" automatically
set to the name of the current host. :-)

Chen

> Maybe HOSTNAME is set by the shell, works in bash.
> A grep for HOSTNAME returns among others these:
> /etc/profile:
> HOSTNAME=`/bin/hostname`; export HOSTNAME
>
> So you I guess you would have to put in
> /etc/csh.login or in ~/.cshrc
> setenv HOSTNAME `/bin/hostname`
>

> --
> Med vennlig hilsen
> Lars Kristiansen
>
> A D V E N T U R A S
> Tlf: 22 20 59 90
> Fax: 22 20 59 91
> lars at adventuras.no
> http://www.adventuras.no

Yu Chen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Chemistry Building, Rm 182
University of Maryland at Baltimore County
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250

phone: 	(410)455-6347 (primary)
 	(410)455-2718 (secondary)