mail is not send after upgrading postfix +

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Wed Jul 13 09:35:02 IST 2005

On Wed, July 13, 2005 9:18, Meshbah Uddin Ahmed said:
> Hi,
> i m using postfix + mailscanner + clamav. after
> upgrading postfix and mailscanner mails are not sent.
> when i want to try send mail it is deferred 1st, chkin
> and then requeued. after requeued it was not send.
>
> here is my postfix and mailscanner version info-
>
> # apt-show-versions -p postfix
> postfix/testing uptodate 2.2.3-3
> # apt-show-versions -p mailscanner
> mailscanner/testing uptodate 4.41.3-2
>
> after requeued, in mail.log there is-
>
> MailScanner[17756]: Requeue: C03F8D6BC3.6F395 to
> 3ACF67F404

You will have to give me a bit more to go on. However, things to check first:

Make sure there are no other files in the Postfix queue files, e.g. Razor
log files.
Check which Postfix/ MailScanner set up you are using, 1 or two instance
(Hold queue or defer) then check the wiki instructions for hashed queue
files see the 'section mail not being delivered' from here
http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:configuration:mta:postfix:installation#problems_or_errors

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy