SV: Virus-scanning spam

Jan Agermose ja at CONVIATOR.COM
Mon Jul 11 12:19:41 IST 2005

>>I take this option to mean that any message that scans positive for a
>>virus/worm/whatever is either kept with the message, or not based on
>>this setting. In my situation, the message is immediately being
flagged
>>as spam, and no virus checks are being performed.
>>

>This should change if you set this to yes.
>This option is new, I mean it's been added after I read the
>MailScanner.conf from beginning to end last time ;-) I think if you set

>this option to yes it will *not* stop scanning after it was found to be

>spam and will find the virus. Since it is then flagged as a virus
>Mailwatch won't give you an option to release it. Jules?

<Don't know about the MailWatch bit at the end (I'm no expert on that,
<ask on the MailWatch list). But otherwise you are right. By not virus
<scanning spam, you can save a lot of work. But by scanning it, you can
<forward mis-tagged messages to users safe in the knowledge that they
<aren't infected.

it looks to me that if the first scanner marks the mail as having virus
the other scanners are still being run on the mail? Why is that?

/Jan