SpamAssassin Timeouts

Erik van der Leun evanderleun at HAL9000.NL
Fri Jul 8 15:39:38 IST 2005

Hi,

I've been trying to find more information regarding the spamassassin timeouts I sometimes have... Some mails are scanned very quickly, others timeout...

I've tried several things...
  - disabling all online blocklists (ORBB-RBL, spamhaus.org, spamcop.net, etc)
  - disabling the enormous number of rulesets caused by rulesdujour
  - updating spamassassin (and MailScanner) to the most recent versions
  - adjusting the timeout settings to a higher value (from 40 to 60 seconds).

spamassassin --lint does not report any errors...

These are the messages of maillog... it's not more detailed than this.

Jul  8 16:11:40 hal9000 MailScanner[32429]: SpamAssassin timed out and was
killed, failure 1 of 20
Jul  8 16:11:40 hal9000 MailScanner[32429]: SpamAssassin timed out and was
killed, failure 1 of 20

I'm not sure what to look for anymore...

Does anybody have suggestions? :)

Kind regards,
Erik van der Leun