deny cabinet files?

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Fri Jul 8 13:53:26 IST 2005

Julian,

I got a suspicious email today with a .cab file attachment.
I've submitted the file to clam, but this inspired me to
add the following rule to filename.rules.conf:

deny\t\.cab$\tPossible malicious cabinet file\tCompressed cabinet files may hide viruses

\t for real tabs here.  I googled and checked Microsoft's
website and see no positive use for an emailed .cab file.
Anybody else seen this?

Jeff Earickson
Colby College