Mark scan failure

Jeff Graves jeff at IMAGE-SRC.COM
Thu Jul 7 18:18:16 IST 2005

Currently using 4.30.3-2 on FC1.

Is there a way to mark messages that had a problem being scanned not as a
virus, but with a warning? For instance, a user reported that they weren't
receiving a particular message that someone was sending them but that they
could receive it at their personal account. Turns out there were two
attachments - a PDF (scanned okay) and ".stix" file which caused sophos to
return a "format not supported." I added that to the "allowed error
messages" but what I'd rather do quarantine anything that errors out and
still deliver as a non-virus (as procmail does the virus filtering - some
power users receive them and then sort, others go directly to the
bit-bucket). Is that configuration possible with my current version of MS or
a newer one or not at all?

Thanks,

Jeff Graves, MCSA
Customer Support Engineer