ClamAV Autoupdater.

Tony Enderby tenderby at VHIA.COM.AU
Wed Jul 6 10:21:34 IST 2005

Hi All,

I have until today ignored the errors when I tail -f /var/log/maillog
indicating that the clamav auto update process fails
because I have always run the freshclam update independantly of
MailScanner

Anyway, I had some time on my hands today and decided to try and fix it.
 It appeared that MailScanner was trying to run
freshclam from the wrong directory /usr/local/bin/freshclam when
freshclam actually exists in /usr/bin/freshclam

I found what appears to be the update script in
/usr/local/MailScanner/clamav-autoupdate and edited the PackageDir
line to point to /usr in preference to /usr/local

When I run the script directly with perl and tail maillog, it works and
tells me that clamav did not need updating.
If however tail maillog and watch MailScanner output I noticed that when
the autoupdate script runs via MailScanner
I get the original "/usr/local/bin/freshclam cannot be run"  < indicating
incorrect path again

Can someone shed some light on why this may be case and if I am in fact
looking in the wrong place?

Many thanks in advance.

Tony.