OT: Postfix pre-MailScanner Policy Daemon

Robert Felber r.felber at EK-MUC.DE
Wed Jul 6 08:32:43 IST 2005

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 15:31:38 +0200, Kai Schaetzl <maillists at CONACTIVE.COM> wrote:

>Well, I'm referring more to the additional checks it does. Especially the
>HELO check is quite useful (although an RFC violation to refuse on it). It
>blocks most mail worms and such. However, I don't think that scoring
>doesn't help much here.

The scoring helps a lot here. And because I see that it would be an
violation if I'd only block on invalid HELOS, it performs subdomain checks
of HELO and FROM domain parts. And Client IP /24 subnets. It's an attempt to
have something similiar to SPF - which blocks too much legitimate mails of
service forwarders (eg: mobile.de).

For those that don't receive mails that mean money to them it might not be
interresting. But our unknown customers would become annoyed and don't buy a
car from us - they think "simple" too.

--
rob