OT: "best" virusprogram

Tony Enderby tenderby at VHIA.COM.AU
Wed Jul 6 02:59:28 IST 2005

Hi Folks,

I am keen to evaluate Bitdefender but am unsure what distribution to use
with MailScanner

Their site has a number of releases and I initially installed
BitDefender-sendmail-1.6.2-1.linux-gcc3x.i586.rpm.run
however this seems to integrate at the MTA level in preference to
mailscanner calling it.

Could someone give me some insight on what version they are currently
running with mailscanner?

Many thanks in advance.

Tony.

Peter Russell <pete at ENITECH.COM.AU>
Sent by: MailScanner mailing list <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>

07/06/2005 10:39 AM
                               Please respond to
             MailScanner mailing list <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>

MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
cc
Subject
Re: OT: "best" virusprogram

Jan Agermose wrote:

> Hi
>
> I was wundering if anyone has an opinion on what is the best
combination
> of virus scanners?
>
> I thing I once say something about most virusscanners where simply
> builds of kaspersky? So using that one would void some others?
>
> Im looking at: bitdefender, clamavmodule, f-prot, kaspersky - using all
> 4 together.
>
> any insight as to why one would be better than the other?

Fairly subjective topic, but we all know one thing. All are much better
together than individually. I think a combo of 3+ scanners is all you
can do, and for almost everyone is enough to prevent any live ones
getting through.

As far rating them individually, might be better to google for reviews?