SA Lint processing time

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Tue Jul 5 17:31:03 IST 2005

David Grecco wrote:
> What is a good total time for sa lint processing?  I^Òm running at an
> average of 4.5 seconds. Does this seem alright?

Yes, that's fine.. when you run spamassassin --lint, a new perl instance gets
invoked, and SA has to parse all of it's configuration files from scratch. This
adds a lot of overhead compared to scanning a message with a running instance of SA.

For example, my SA 2.64 setup with DNS/Razor/DCC/SpamCopURI/bayes enabled has
these timings:

time spamassassin --lint

real    0m6.948s
user    0m5.500s
sys     0m0.240s

Scanning a message in MailScanner is slightly faster than using spamc, but this
is the closes you can simulate using the command line tools: (spamd started as
spamd -d)

time spamc <bingo.eml
real    0m3.532s
user    0m0.000s