recent MailScanner + SAVI > 3.92

Peter Bates Peter.Bates at LSHTM.AC.UK
Tue Jul 5 10:49:43 IST 2005

Hi all...

Having read the earlier postings and seeing as I was still
running Sophos 3.91, I took the plunge today.

I upgraded to MS 4.43.8, all fine. This is RPM-based on RHEL4.

I used MajorSophos to pull down 3.95, then restarted (I'm using
SAVI-Perl, 0.30, so the sophossavi setting in AV scanners)...

Jul  5 10:31:58 postbox MailScanner[18218]: SophosSAVI 3.95 (engine
2.30) recognizing 106728 viruses

But then fairly quickly got:

Jul  5 10:32:27 postbox MailScanner[18218]: SophosSAVI::ERROR:: Sweep
could not proceed, the file was corrupted (538)::
./20DAB13F88C.CB325/msg-18218-6.html

i.e. the file corruption messages, and an awful lot of them :(

Running
 /usr/lib/MailScanner/sophos-wrapper /usr/local/Sophos
works fine, so 'sweep' would appear to be working.

Just to confirm while I've turned off sophossavi in my configuration,
is anyone running this exact or similar configuration:

MS 4.43.8
Sophos 3.95
SAVI-Perl 0.30
RHEL4 (or similar, Fedora, etc.)
linux.intel.libc6.glibc.2.2.tar.Z (I normally used to pull this down,
should I pull down the plain 'libc6.tar.Z' version?

Thanks... sorry for a FAQ, but I can't find the earlier thread... the
last thread I read was about auto-update, but I've now updated to MS
4.43.