MailScanner ANNOUNCE: Stable 4.43.7 released

Mon Jul 4 08:55:58 IST 2005

Julian

depends if Bulldog or Easynet and LLU-ed you local exchange then you
won't be relying on BT to sort out the issues.

Another thing to think about if that for 'business class' aDSL you can
get a enhanced care package where the fix time drops from 7 to 1 days.
Dunno if they offer that on consumer lines...

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Julian Field wrote:
> Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>>> I have just released the July edition of MailScanner, version 4.43.
>>

>> Seems to run just fine, also with SpamAssassin 3.1-pre3.
>>
> Thanks for confirming that, I was betting that you would give it a try
> this afternoon. Good news about SpamAssassin 3.1 compatibility.
>
> My ADSL is out of service and won't be back for up to 6 days. That's the
> customer (dis)service I get from BT. No use switching to another ADSL
> provider as they all use BT local loop, which is where the problem is.
> Analogue phone line still works though, so I'm currently getting 40k on
> a modem. Enough for email and ssh though.
>
> And as BT don't know about the number I use for dialup, I get an hour
> online for 5p at weekends :-)
> BT have to publish their list of known internet dialup numbers, so I can
> check what of my dialup numbers are on the list and what aren't. So they
> think I'm talking to a person instead of you folks, so I get their cheap
> advertised offers. I just have to hangup and redial once an hour.

the system manager.