MailScanner ANNOUNCE: Stable 4.43.7 released

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Jul 2 13:07:57 IST 2005

Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:

> Hi!
>
>> I have just released the July edition of MailScanner, version 4.43.
>

> Seems to run just fine, also with SpamAssassin 3.1-pre3.

Thanks for confirming that, I was betting that you would give it a try
this afternoon. Good news about SpamAssassin 3.1 compatibility.

My ADSL is out of service and won't be back for up to 6 days. That's the
customer (dis)service I get from BT. No use switching to another ADSL
provider as they all use BT local loop, which is where the problem is.
Analogue phone line still works though, so I'm currently getting 40k on
a modem. Enough for email and ssh though.

And as BT don't know about the number I use for dialup, I get an hour
online for 5p at weekends :-)
BT have to publish their list of known internet dialup numbers, so I can
check what of my dialup numbers are on the list and what aren't. So they
think I'm talking to a person instead of you folks, so I get their cheap
advertised offers. I just have to hangup and redial once an hour.

--
Julian Field