Changing Reply To: when replying to Mail List

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at CI.JUNEAU.AK.US
Fri Jul 1 22:43:18 IST 2005

If I notice, I do a reply-all, and usually delete the original sender so it
goes back to the list.  Some lists I'm on default to the sender, not the
list.  I consider those misconfigured.  YMMV.  If I get a not on the list, I
think the proper protocol is to reply there.  Otherwise what's the use of
having a list?  As the old commercial says, "it's nice to share"...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Bruce [mailto:ebruce at HPMICH.COM]
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2005 1:32 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: OT: Changing Reply To: when replying to Mail List

Is it considered bad form to change the Reply To: field when you reply
to a message on a mailing list. I'm kinda of slow and just realized why
several of my posts never made it to the list. I just reply to a post
and failed to notice that in some cases the email was not being
delivered to the list, but instead went to the poster.