procedures for getting stuff out of the quarantine on older MS version

Harondel J. Sibble mailscanner at PDSCC.COM
Fri Jul 1 17:39:25 IST 2005

On 30 Jun 2005 at 13:07, Craig Daters wrote:

> It does indeed have this feature. You can release just the file, the
> message, or both, to the intended recipient, or you can release it/them
> to other recipients and/or both . There is no disadvantage to using

Cool, that's exactly what's needed.

> MailWatch, other than the fact that it uses MySQL, and can result in a
> rather large db depending on your mail traffic. But there are tools

Hmmm, well, this machine is a mail relay for a network of approx 50 engineers
running Samsung Contact. They get and send a LOT of attachments, autocad
drawings and the like. The mail relay is an athlon 800mhz with 256mb and a
single 40gb ata100 disk. We use the archive feature to keep copies of all
email coming into or going out of the network. This gets written to dvd once
a week or so and the entire machine is backed up daily across the network.
This brings up another question, will Mailwatch allow the admin the ability
to look at the messages in the archive? If so how does it deal with the fact
that the archive is wiped once a week and started fresh, will that cause any
problems?

> (scripts) to help manage this. If you machine is pretty beefy, then
> this might not be to much of a concern.

What do you think of the specs above?
--
Harondel J. Sibble