?? SPAM : Re: Why is this marked as SPAM - any clue?

Dave Duffner - NWCWEB.com webalizer at NWCWEB.COM
Fri Jan 28 19:03:16 GMT 2005

Ned,

        We aims to please! <Grin>

        Also you might want to try what we did, as we're
using a MailScanner/SpamAssassin combo as well on a
Linux/Ensim based server setup:

        We actually changed the settings so that if MS
got ahold of it prior to SA scoping it out, it tags
it as [MS-SPAM].  If it makes it past MS's review and
then SA decides it's over the score limits, SA tags
it as [SPAM-SA].  That way we could get a real grip on
which program was doing what to the e-mail and if
any mods, learns, etc. were needed.

        They way we've got things config'ed, essentially
[MS-SPAM] is mostly notifications passed to the user
that it's UCE and allows them to determine if they want
to read it or dump it.  [SPAM-SA] is pure sludge, so
the Ensim setup allows the user to dump it without
ever seeing it at all.  If they choose to have it all
dumped into their mailbox, they optionally can filter
it by those tags.  We use this on the Admin side with
catch-all boxes to snag the really bad stuff and train
the combo to tag it a bit better overall.

        Rudimentary, the pro's have more ways of doing
it, but for entry & mid-level Admins it's a nice basic
option easy to control.

     David J. Duffner
     VP Operations
     NWC Corporation