Stop "Other Bad Content" admin notices for addresses in blacklist

Dan Harris dannyh at aac-services.co.uk
Fri Jan 28 13:24:16 GMT 2005

>> >  ^^^^ ... This is not the same as Other Bad...
>> >You probably have the "keep spam quarantine clean" thing set to yes.
>> >Perhaps make that a ruleset? Or just live with it:-).
>> >
>> No, keep quarantine clean is not set. I guess the content
>> check are still
>> done despite the message being blacklisted? On this basis
>> I've set a ruleset
>> for Notify Senders containing the blacklisted recipients.
>> This should at
>> least stop MS notifying the spammer, which seemed to be
>> happening before!
>> Guess I could also make Send Notices a ruleset to avoid the
>> admin notices,
>> but think I'll just put up with those for now as hopefully
>> I'll get the go
>> ahead to block at the MTA soon :-)
>>

>Seems like some form of delivery is happening anyway. Do you
>Definite Spam Is High Scoring = yes
>...? And just store Highscoring spam?

Glen,

Hope you don't mind but I've copied this back to the list as it may prove of
use to others.

We have Definite Spam Is High Scoring = yes, and then having tweaked the
score for high spam to suit we just delete it.

The problem seemed to be with MS content checking happening despite the
recipient being on the blacklist, so the bad html or whatever was triggering
the Send Notices and Notify Senders actions, generating an admin notice in
response to the message that I was trying to avoid ever seeing, and telling
the spammer that he'd found a valid address! Making these rulesets gets
around this for now (I've tested it and it works ok), but it's hopefully
just a temporary kludge until I'm allowed to fix it properly by blocking
unknown recipients at the MTA.

Thanks again for your help,

Dan.