Stop "Other Bad Content" admin notices for addresses in blacklist

Dan Harris dannyh at aac-services.co.uk
Thu Jan 27 12:21:06 GMT 2005

Hi,

Couldn't find anything in the mailing list archive about this, so here goes:

I've successfully blacklisted recipient addresses using To: in my
spam.blacklist.rules file. However despite the log showing the recipient
blacklisted, I still get "Other bad content" admin messages from MailScanner
when bad emails come in to these addresses. I've not noticed any for
blacklisted From: addresses, but that's not to say there aren't any.

I've considered changing the MS "Send Notices" setting to a ruleset and
adding the same blacklisted recipients to that, but before I do (and without
re-igniting the "block it at the MTA" debate, which I am finally making
progress on with management by the way), is there a better way to prevent
this behaviour? I'm using MailScanner 4.37.7.

Many Thanks

Dan Harris.