Learn Spam the easy way.

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Wed Jan 26 17:45:21 GMT 2005

On Wednesday, January 26, 2005 4:48 PM MailScanner mailing list wrote:

> So..i am thinking of a way to get those users to learn
> spamassassin which mail is spam and which is not.
>
> Never seen MailWatch, but is it capable to learn mails, which
> are already at the maschine of the user (fetched via pop3)?

No.

> Or should i get them switch over to imap, create a box called
> spam, they dp copy the spam-mails into this box, and i do
> have a cronjob learning those boxes?

Create public folders SPAM/NOSPAM in Exchange and have your users copy/move mails there. Then fetch those mails via IMAP and feed it into SpamAssassin. Only problem: Exchange will always mangle your messages a bit so it is not exactly the message you received in the first place. We archive incoming mail for three days, fetch SPAM/NOSPAM mails, read the message-id and try to locate the original message in this archive. If we find it we feed this to spamassassin if not we feed the message as fetched from Exchange. That works pretty well.

Regards,
  JP