postfix: Process did not exit cleanly

Rocky McCamey rocky at LWORLD.NET
Tue Jan 25 00:49:22 GMT 2005

Drew Marshall wrote:
      Rocky McCamey wrote:
            I installed from the tar on the website, and I
            still get that same
            error.  I have also gone ahead and unmerged
            postfix and then merged it
            back again, and still the same thing.

            -Rocky

      So to re-cap
       1. With out MailScanner Postfix runs fine?
       2. You install MS and Postfix complains with exit errors?
       3. You checked that the sendmail binary is pointing to the
          correct Postfix equivalent and not an 'old' Sendmail one?
       4. Are all your spool directory paths in MailScanner.conf
          true paths with no sym links?
       5. Have you any mail in the mail queue (mailq will do it)?
       6. Does Postfix complain if you just start it with out
          MailScanner (postfix start)?
       7. With Postfix stopped, set the debug options on in
          MailScanner.conf and the start just MailScanner and check
          the output (Just in case).
      I'll go with just the luck 7 for now! ;-) Let me know how you
      get on.

      Drew

      --
      In line with our policy, this message has been scanned for
      viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is

      Support MailScanner development - buy the book off the
      website!

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. I checked and it is set to use Postfix
4. all full paths no syn links
5. The server is sending mail, its just that it lags way longer than the
others, with the same exact hardware.
6. Postfix works fine on its own, ie i can telnet to the server with
mailscanner off and it works fine
7. Will let you know I am trying it in a sec

in regards to number 5, the server filters the mail and sends it out, but
its not scanning the mail in a timely manner, i would say its because of
that postfix error because none of the other servers get that error and
they are all running from the same ebuild ( and i did try the tarbal on
the wesite too)  :)

-Rocky