relaying denied

JD jd at BENTECMED.COM
Fri Jan 21 22:12:01 GMT 2005

Thanks guys,

it was listed in the access, but wasn't made into the access.db file. Now
the only problem im having is it won't forward to my win-mail box.
mailertable is specifying mydomain.com [X.X.X.X] and its accepting my
telnetted mail. but it won't show up in my mailbox.

-JD
-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of David Ballengee
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2005 12:08 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: relaying denied

First make sure you have commented out
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl

in your sendmail.mc

Also make sure you have the domain name listed in your  etc/mail/access.

if its in there. Then determine where you are.

If you are outside of the network where the mail server is based. You
have to allow relaying for the ip address of the computer that you are
sending email from.  If you don't want to that. You can use smtp auth.

Matt Kettler wrote:

> At 02:55 PM 1/21/2005, JD wrote:
>
>> when sending email im getting a 550 5.7.1 relaying denied IP name lookup
>> failed [xxx.xxx.x.x]
>>
>> any ideas?
>

> Does xxx.xxx.x.x have a PTR record (ie: can you do a reverse DNS
> lookup on
> it at your mailserver?).

David Ballengee
IT Supervisor