OT: IMAP and subfolders

Wietse Muizelaar wietse at BOUDISQUE.NL
Fri Jan 21 12:46:34 GMT 2005

Hi,

On Friday, January 21, 2005 1:33 PM,
Drew Marshall <drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK> wrote:

> On Fri, January 21, 2005 1:25, Diane Rolland said:
>> I've been looking at Courier-imap, and am wondering if anyone has any
>> exerience migrating from imap-2002d to Courier-imap.  And if is
>> possible to so with sendmail.
>>
> I use Courier-IMAP with out problem and it works very well
> (Particularly with a MySQL backend that is shared between MTA and
> Courier-IMAP. Handles unknown users very well and allows, with a bit
> of tweeking, authenticated SMTP relay).
>
> The only challenge I can see is that Courier-IMAP works with Maildir
> and Sendmail/ procmail with flat file mail directories only (AFAIK,
> it's been a while) so you may need to consider that (Unless Procmail
> now handles Maildir). However Postfix and Exim handle both formats
> natively so all is not lost ;-)

Procmail -does- handle Maildir, at least, the version i'm using :) (procmail
v3.22 2001/09/10 on a Debian woody-system)
I'm using it also with Courier-IMAP, and the global procmailrc on my system
starts with this one:

DEFAULT=$HOME/Maildir/

When a '/' is put at the end of a folder-name, procmail assumes it's in
Maildir-format.

--
Regards,

Wietse Muizelaar