Blacklist To: not working

Steen, Glenn Glenn.Steen at AP1.SE
Thu Jan 20 12:35:46 GMT 2005

(snip)
> Ok I understand how callouts work, but management insist that
> we accept
> inbound mail to any address at ourdomain.co.uk so that we can
> catch simple
> typos and forward the mail on.
Why would your management want you to play MTA?
Rejecting at the MTA or generating NDNs would make it _their_
problem... Which it really is anyway.
If some users (in a not-to-large "userbase") have addresses that
often get "common" typos, you'd be far better off adding relevant
aliases... Oh well, PHBs...

> Unfortunately the destination for these
> non-existent addressees is me, which is why I would like to
> block some of
> the biggest spam destination addresses somehow. Hence the
> question about the
> To: entry in the blacklist. Is there any good reason why the
> To: entry in my
> spam.blacklist.rules wouldn't work?