Temp file full??

Ade Fewings ade at INFORMATICS.BANGOR.AC.UK
Thu Jan 20 09:46:17 GMT 2005

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions wrote:

>>Here is what my disk usage looks like:
>>
>>Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
>>/dev/hda2             572M  376M  167M  70% /
>>/dev/hda1             122M   24M   92M  21% /boot
>>/dev/hda3             5.4G  2.1G  3.1G  41% /home
>>none                  496M     0  496M   0% /dev/shm
>>/dev/hda7              28G   17G   11G  62% /usr
>>/dev/hda5             2.0G 1009M  861M  54% /var

This sounds suspiciously similar to the problem I was having where /tmp
was running out of i-nodes due to an excess of creation of spamassassin
temp files.  What versions of MailScanner, SA?  What OS?  Julian
suggested to me that our problem was a SpamAssassin problem and that
updating the perl modules MIME::Tools and File::Temp was a good idea,
and I have done this.  Also getting SpamAssassin up to the latest
3.0.2.  However, I cannot say for sure whether it has fixed the problem
as our mail servers have not come under the same influx of mail since
that previously caused them to exhibit this problem.

Cheers
Ade