[Mailwatch-users] Mailwatch and quarantine release.

Steen, Glenn Glenn.Steen at AP1.SE
Wed Jan 19 20:38:08 GMT 2005

On a terminal, try playing MTA with "telnet localhost 25" ... I'm sure it doesn't work either;-).

Simply put:
you need amend your MTA, possible local firewalling, MailScanner etc so that it'll allow (or "whitelist" the loopback address 127.0.0.1 ... then MW will work OK too.

-- Glenn

-----Original Message-----
From:   mailwatch-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net on behalf of Mathew Davies
Sent:   Thu 1/13/2005 4:47 PM
To:     mailwatch-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Cc:     mailscanner at jiscmail.ac.uk
Subject:        [Mailwatch-users] Mailwatch and quarantine release.
I've spent a while searching through the list archive and so far
all I have found is this message on the list but no resolution
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=9495585

Mailwatch does not seem to be able to release a quarantined message
I can sa-learn it, delete it, etc.  When I try to release, it comes
back and says:

 Release: error

 I've checked the permissions /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine)

 I am running debian sarge package mailscanner 4.36.4-1
 and src MailWatch 0.51

 Does anyone know the resolution to this?

 thanks
 mat

IPT MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.
Interactive Prospect Targeting http://www.ipt-ltd.co.uk/