postfix: Process did not exit cleanly

Steen, Glenn Glenn.Steen at AP1.SE
Wed Jan 19 11:25:10 GMT 2005

Do you have a separate error and warning log? If so, do they contain any
clues?

I have a vague recollection of seeing this last time I set up a new
server, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it was...
More than it being something entirely silly, like needing to build the
alias db or somesuch... Or some silly typo in main.cf...
Sorry I can't be more specific (I've got RALM == Random Agedecrepit Lossy
Memory:)

-- Glenn
-----Original Message-----
On Behalf Of Rocky McCamey
Sent: den 19 januari 2005 00:20
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: postfix: Process did not exit cleanly

Drew Marshall wrote:

 On Tue, January 18, 2005 17:15, Rocky McCamey said:

 I would think so too, but it only shows that error over and over like so:

Jan 18 08:32:01 filter5 postfix: Process did not exit cleanly, returned
9 with signal 0

Can you 'postfix stop' then 'postfix start' from the command line and
check any log entries or comments at the command line.

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy

this is the postfix and mailscanner being stopped and restarted,
well it shows it being started but it doesnt show it stopping.  i
dont know if it should, when i do stop it i can tell you there
arent any postfix or mailscanner processes running when i do a ps
aux.

Jan 18 15:17:58 filter5 postfix: Process did not exit cleanly,
returned 255 with signal 0
Jan 18 15:18:08 filter5 postfix: Process did not exit cleanly,
returned 255 with signal 0
Jan 18 15:18:18 filter5 postfix: Process did not exit cleanly,
returned 255 with signal 0
Jan 18 15:18:28 filter5 postfix: Process did not exit cleanly,
returned 255 with signal 0
Jan 18 15:18:38 filter5 postfix: Process did not exit cleanly,
returned 255 with signal 0
Jan 18 15:18:48 filter5 postfix: Process did not exit cleanly,
returned 255 with signal 0
Jan 18 15:18:58 filter5 postfix: Process did not exit cleanly,
returned 255 with signal 0
Jan 18 15:19:38 filter5 root: MailScanner setting GID to postfix
(207)
Jan 18 15:19:38 filter5 root: MailScanner setting UID to postfix
(207)
Before posting, read the MAQ (http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/)
and the archives
(http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).