How can I force to verify the whit list and keep " if on spam list" option off?

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jan 18 19:33:17 GMT 2005

You can't use the SpamAssassin whitelist without using SpamAssassin.
But if your whitelist is implemented as a MailScanner ruleset, just
apply it to "Spam Checks".
If you need to know more about rulesets, please consult the Book, the
MAQ or the FAQ.
I would of course prefer you to consult the Book :-)

Magda Hewryk wrote:

>Hi,
>Because RBL checks work fantastic for me I decided to turn off "Check Spam
>Assassin If On Spam List".
>However, the users start complaining now  because the whitelist is not
>checked in the "spam.assassin.prefs.conf".  How can I fix it?
>How can I force MailScanner to check the whitelist?
>
>If I turn back on the SpamAssasin we will get thousands spam per day.
>Looks like RBLs works much better these days thean spamassassin (3.0.2).
>
> If the message sender is on any of the Spam Lists, do you still want
># to do the SpamAssassin checks? Setting this to "no" will reduce the load
># on your server, but will stop the High Scoring Spam Actions from ever
># happening.
># This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
># mnh CR15998 Check SpamAssassin If On Spam List = yes
>Check SpamAssassin If On Spam List = no
>

>Thanks,
>
>Magda

>Before posting, read the MAQ (http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/) and