Reject emails to nonexistent addresses?

Steve Swaney Steve.Swaney at FSL.COM
Mon Jan 17 16:15:33 GMT 2005

Milter-ahead checks to see if the email can be delivered to the recipient
before sendmail accepts the message for delivery. Not normally needed on a
mailhub but very useful on a pass-through gateway.

Milter-sender attempts to verify that the sender's email address is in good
standing by performing an SMTP callback to the MX server responsible for the
sender's domain.

Both are handy tools.

There are many more useful milters available at

        http://www.milter.info/

Another one I'm about to test is

milter-limit limits the number of messages by connecting client IP, from a
sender, or to a recipient over a given time period.

Steve
Steve Swaney
President
Fortress Systems Ltd.