Dovecot - pop-before-smtp

Marcel Blenkers marcel-ml at IRC-ADDICTS.DE
Thu Jan 13 14:56:39 GMT 2005

Hi there,

maybe someone on this list could help me, as the ml of pop-before-smtp
seems not work at all ;)

Heard of dovecot on this ml and saw that this would be a pop3/imap-daemon,
which could help me a lot..

so i tried the pop-before-smtp-programm, as stated on the website..and
managed to get it working..

now my problem is the following..

it seems that my berkley db and the Module DB_File are way uptodate (yes,
that could happen ;) as they produce a db-file with version 8..but i do
need version 7.

access.db: Berkeley DB (Hash, version 7, native byte-order)
popauth.db: Berkeley DB (Hash, version 8, native byte-order)

due to the fact that the file popauth.db is not really version 7, sendmail
is not able to read and use it..

So..maybe some of the geeks in here could help? :)

Greetings

Marcel