NOD32 paths needed...(FOLOWUP)

Mike Allen mallen at FAMILYRADIO.ORG
Wed Jan 12 23:22:51 GMT 2005

Thanks to Steve Swaney and others:

My virus.scanners.conf file looks like this:

nod32-1.99         /usr/local/libexec/MailScanner/nod32-wrapper
/usr/sbin
nod32
/usr/local/libexec/MailScanner/nod32-wrapper        /usr/local/nod32

Since we are at Version 2 of nod32, do we even need the 'nod32-1.99'
entry above?

There are three nod32 daemon processes but there has never been any
entries logged in
/var/log/nod32.log.  Why?

TIA for any further help you can give me in sorting this out.

Mike Allen

Notes:
  1.  All nod32 executables except the 'nod32-wrapper' reside in both
folders above.
  2.  The nod32 executables have owner and group of NOD32 in one folder and
       owner and group of root and wheel in the other folder.  Otherwise
the executables
       are identical.
  2.  The version of MailScanner we are ujsing is 4.30.3 which is a
FreeBSD 'port'.  FreeBSD
       'ports' tend to relocate software from its default location.  An
example of file
       relocation is the path to
'/usr/local/libexec/MailScanner/nod32-wrapper' above.
  3.  The OS version is FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE-p18.