"Banned Content" question

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jan 11 15:14:32 GMT 2005

It will disarm those features you told it to. The "disarm HTML" in the
message means it will be trying to disarm the requested bits of the
HTML. If you didn't specify "disarm" then it won't do it, it will only
disarm the bits you told it to.

Hope that answers your question. Given a question "a or b" the answer
cannot easily be "yes" :-)

Quentin Campbell wrote:

>Most of the "dangerous content" checks that I carry out with MailScanner
>are controlled via rules files. In all cases the actions of the rules is
>to either "deliver", "delete", "striphtml" or "attachment".
>
>I do not use "disarm" with one exception. In MailScanner.conf I have
>
>  Allow WebBugs = disarm
>
>If I see in the logs "Content Checks: Detected and will disarm HTML
>message in jBAtTRU022337" does this _only_ refer to the "disarming" of
>web bugs or can it also refer to actions taken over other content which
>did not involve the specific "disarm" action?
>
>Looking at the log records for other "dangerous content" actions the
>empirical answer to the above question is "yes". Could this be confirmed
>please.
>
>Thanks
>
>Quentin
>---
>PHONE: +44 191 222 8209    Information Systems and Services (ISS),
>                           University of Newcastle,
>                           Newcastle upon Tyne,
>FAX:   +44 191 222 8765    United Kingdom, NE1 7RU.
>Before posting, read the MAQ (http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/) and

Julian Field