Installing/Using DCC sanity check

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at CI.JUNEAU.AK.US
Thu Jan 6 19:05:53 GMT 2005

Peter Bonivart wrote:
> Kevin Miller wrote:
>> I move probably 3000 messages a day inbound.  Any recommendations on
>> which would be more efficient (DCCproc or DCCifd) or for that low of
>> a number is it a wash?
>
> This is from the SpamAssassin INSTALL file and it works, that's how
> easy it is:
>
>         wget http://www.dcc-servers.net/dcc/source/dcc-dccproc.tar.Z
>         tar xfvz dcc-dccproc.tar.Z
>         cd dcc-dccproc-*
>         ./configure && make && make install
>
> The deamon is included so if you want to use that later on you can.
> Look here for that but you will not notice any difference. The nice
> thing is that SA will automatically fall back to dccproc if it can't
> connect to dccifd so you don't have to worry about it stopping.
>
> http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/serve/cache/312.html

Thanks Peter!  I was looking all over for that snippit, but hadn't gotten to
the SpamAssassin install yet.  I *knew* I'd read that somewhere (months ago)
but just couldn't recall where...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500