Stop Sendmail from bouncing unknown user?

Brian Lewis test at NEXTMILL.NET
Wed Jan 5 17:18:18 GMT 2005

Milter looks like a great solution!  Not sure about the additional smtp
traffic though for the mail servers.

Would be nice just to tell Sendmail not to generate a reply if
undeliverable! hmmm....

Currently I have created a new mailwatch php script that produces a list
for the day of the top 150 servers that spam us, we take that report each
day and I put it in Excel as a huge long list, show the ip and the # of
spam message sent as well as the date the spam was sent, when I sort by
the IP column after 5 days it becomes really clear who the 'repeat'
spammers are!  So far I blacklist 211 spam servers or spam networks that
repeatedly hammer our systems with spam using /etc/mail/access and it
gives them a 5.1.1:550 User Unknown error back :)  Hopefully they clean
their 'lists' up when they think the user doesn't exist anymore.  It does
stop probably 20,000 spam a day from ever reaching us in the first place
which helps a bit.