Stop Sendmail from bouncing unknown user?

Shortt, Kevin KShortt at AZERTY.COM
Wed Jan 5 16:44:54 GMT 2005

Two options that I know of...

1.
    I had the same problem and I ended up syncing up my virtualuser table to
all servers and routing all email via usertables (not SMARTHOST). If the
user does not exist, it will repy with "no such user" immediately.

This is done in the virtualusertable with an entry like so..

@domain.com               error:nouser No such user

This stops all inbound connections to an invalid user during the SMTP
connection.
No NDR is generated. I have nice clean mailq's.

2. implement milter's and use milter-ahead
   http://www.milter.info/milter-ahead/index.shtml

-k