Two quick questions

Steen, Glenn Glenn.Steen at AP1.SE
Wed Jan 5 09:42:33 GMT 2005

In my experience, going with rpms for clamav is a bad thing.
You always want to stay with the latest (stable) tarball, and it might
take a while for the
rpms to be generated. And it is a fast/simple build/install...:)

If you go with rpm you'd need a "seed database" and the actual program
package.
I think you could guess which is which:-)

I've not looked at any clamav rpms in a while, but... Isn't it likely
that the "-1,1" is the
rpm packaging version, and have next to nothing to do with the clamav
versioning?

-- Glenn
-----Original Message-----
On Behalf Of Kevin Miller
Sent: den 4 januari 2005 20:14
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Two quick questions

I'm building a new MailScanner box on SuSE 9.2 and have a couple
quick questions on clamav.  The current stable tarball is listed as
.80  There are some .rpms built that are listed as .80-1.1.  Do I
need the .80-1.1 version or is the stable .80 tarball fine?
Historically I've always installed from the tarball and am
undecided if using .rpms would be a step forward or backward as far
as upgrading in the future.

Also, there's two rpm files listed:  clamav and clamav-db.  Do I
need both?  If I install from the tarball will it include both?

TIA...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500

Before posting, read the MAQ (http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/)
and the archives
(http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).