Why oh Why!!

Vlad Mazek vlad at MAZEK.COM
Wed Jan 5 01:35:10 GMT 2005

Try reading up on Recipient Update Policies in Exchange 2003.

If the new SMTP address is not in the profile's listing then Exchange
will reject the mail with the error that you mentioned. Exchange needs
to know that it is responsible for another domain name or it will
consider it a relay and consequently dump the connection.

On the Exchange 2003 box:
Start > All Programs > Exchange 2003 > System Manager

Inside system manager:
Recipients > Recipient Policies > Default Policy (right click to get
properties)

Add the new domain under Email Addresses (Policy) and enable it to add
the new domain to Exchange.

-Vlad