How to setup Mailbag

Fernando fdalmoro at HOTPOP.COM
Tue Jan 4 21:14:07 GMT 2005

Michele Neylon::Blacknight Solutions wrote:
      Fernando wrote:
            Hello, sorry if I didn't include something that
            could have been useful,
            I'm not too familiar with linux in general so I'm
            not
            sure where to start.

            Currently I have a RH 8 server scanning messages
            using

            Mailscanner/sendmail/AV. There are about 25
            domains on this  scanner but
            everything is set to relay to another email
            server with IMail and one
            domain points to an exchange server.

            Needless to say that the exchange server is down
            every other weekend so
            what I would like to do is keep the email's
            'mailbagged' on the RH
            server whenever the exchange server goes down. It
            would only be for the
            specific domain, I don't want to turn this
            feature on for all of the
            domains.

      You shouldn't have to do anything special as sendmail
      normally queues
      mail for 5 days by default, so if the receiving mail server
      is
      unreponsive the mail should not be lost - works for us :)

      Michele

      Before posting, read the MAQ
      (http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/) and
      the archives
      (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).

      Support MailScanner development - buy the book off the
      website!

Oh great, that's easier than I thought ;) . Do you know where I can look
to make sure that the setting is correct or to extend the timeout
periods?

Thanks