Beta release 4.39.4
MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Feb 28 08:58:38 GMT 2005
[ The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set. ]
[ Your display is set for the "US-ASCII" character set. ]
[ Some characters may be displayed incorrectly. ]
This will mature into the stable version tomorrow unless anyone has any
problems with it.
Mostly some more bug-fixes for people.
Full Change Log is below.
I would be very grateful if you could test out this version and check I
haven't made any dumb mistakes :-)
Download as usual from www.mailscanner.info
* New Features and Improvements *
- If the AttachmentWarning message put into a message is empty (zero-length)
then the empty attachment won't be added to the message at all.
- Added scanning of PE's by default to clamavmodule scanner.
- Added feature when IP address in a ruleset has all 4 numbers, so that a
full string match is done against the client IP, not a substring match.
- Added support for output from latest F-Prot and archive bomb detection.
- Set all virus scanners to SUPPORTED so no tweaking needed by users.
- Added 4 new configuration options for setting all ClamAV settings when
using the "clamavmodule" scanner:
ClamAVmodule Maximum Recursion Level
ClamAVmodule Maximum Files
ClamAVmodule Maximum File Size
ClamAVmodule Maximum Compression Ratio
- Phishing net now traps website names containing unicode characters.
* Fixes *
- Corrected problem with <a> tags that have no text contents and no </a>.
- 2 minor typos in the Swedish reports.
- Changed check_MailScanner to check_mailscanner in cron job.
- Fixed problem where files with no extension, inside a zip file, were
extracted with ".dat" added onto the end of them.
- Fixed problem with phishing net being confused by some malformed URLs.
- Syslog calls are forced to 8-bit characters.
- Fixed problems with nested input queues not being used consistently.
- Custom Function reader no longer includes Debian dpkg files it should
- Fixed problems with messages being rebuilt just because they contain <A>
- Fixed problems with some messages with sendmail nested input queue but
flat output queue.
Buy the MailScanner book at www.MailScanner.info/store
PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC 7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654
------------------------ MailScanner list ------------------------
To unsubscribe, email jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk with the words:
'leave mailscanner' in the body of the email.
Before posting, read the MAQ (http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/) and
the archives (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).
Support MailScanner development - buy the book off the website!
More information about the MailScanner