Sugestion

[iso-8859-1] Dörfler Andreas Andreas.Doerfler at KEMPTEN.DE
Wed Feb 23 15:47:02 GMT 2005

sure, little bit more work but i dont think someone
does thousands of entrys to the blacklist.
other way:
configure your mta (sendmail, postfix...) to drop mails,
thats the best way (think so because i do it that way ;))

mta way:
incoming-mail-to-delete -> mta -> mta checks access, if there -> discard

blacklist way:
incoming-mail-to-delete -> mta -> mailscanner -> spammassassin -> virusscanner
-> blacklist -> big entry to syslog -> drop

mta way takes care of your system performence and ressources

greetings
andy

--free your mind, use open source
http://www.mono-project.com